13 May 2010

Almost there!

I just finished typing up my health census, which I´m presenting to the community next Monday. Then I get free time, which I plan to use fixing up my house! I think we found the perfect one yesterday. I´ll post a photo when I get a chance. It´s super cute, pretty big (especially for only one person), and already has a lot of furniture, which is a big plus. I´ll also have good neighbors. I´m still waiting on the official ok from the Peace Corps, but I´m confident it´ll pass the test (PC has a ton of safety rules about the houses we live in). I´m super excited about being on my own, having friends over to visit, getting a puppy, and planting a garden!
We celebrated Mother´s Day this past Monday. Happy late Mother´s Day to all of you!
Thanks for all the love, support, packages, letters, etc. I love and miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. Becca, have you posted pictures? I am not trying to rush you (although I can't wait ;-)); I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything! :-) Sooooo, what kind of puppy are you thinking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how is the house hunt going? Did you and the Peace Corps find a place for you to live? And have you and the Peace Corps figured out what you are going to do for your community?

    Robin is right---we do need to see some photos of you, your friends and the village.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds great. Love the idea of a puppy. All that talk about fruit has made me hungry.
    Diane Trainor

    ReplyDelete