25 June 2010

Yes, I´m in my house!

Ok, so life is crazy. I was thinking this whole government mess would be over by now, but the meeting with the mayor this week didn´t solve anything. It turned into such a shouting match that my counterpart and I just left, and we learned later that they hadn´t reached an agreement anyway. We´re still hanging, but we´ve got to keep going as best we can given the circumstances and the information we have (and by we, I mean my counterpart and I).
Good news, though! I´m in my new house with my new puppy! She´s a gift from one of the women in the community, and her name is Dulce (pronounced Dool-say - it means "sweet"). While her owner gave her tortillas occasionally, she was pretty much a street dog, but now that I have her, feed her, and spoil her, she doesn´t want to leave my side! She´s like Winston, if you remember when we got him, Mom; at first she was shy, but now that her belly´s full, her personality is shining through! Such a cutie, too. She´s a mutt, but she looks Border collie-ish, except brown and white instead of black. She´s about three months old. My house is great too, and I´m surrounded by little boys who come to visit me all the time.
Cross your fingers I get photos up next week. It´s going to be another crazy one, but then next weekend my friends and I are going to the 4th of July party at the embassy in San Sal!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Becca!
    I tried to post a comment. It was long and newsy, but its lost in cyberspace. I just have no luck with this.
    Miss you even if you don't know it!
    Love, Aunt Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, fine. I can post something piddly, but not newsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the house and the dog!

    ReplyDelete